The Girl

I've been going on and on alot in my posts, or so I've been told. I guess the majority of people dislike reading. So I decided maybe I wouldn't talk so much for a change. If you check my first few posts you'd see poetry, so I decided that its about time I return with another poem. But wait, don't close this page yet, read on.

So this poem I wrote in an attempt to experiment with form and style, since I hadn't written anything for quite a while. The form might be a bit weird; its a form I'd used two years ago in poetry class, and I wanted to see what more I could make with it. I wrote most of the poem, in an attempt to use figurative language, then returned to complete the poem I'd forgotten about and realized that I didn't know what I'd oginially written about. So it ended up the way it is.
I'm guessing by now you want me to stop talking and just show you the poem, so here it is.


The door was locked
Yet I peered inside.
A small girl was in there,
Alone.

In a background of fire
And destruction she lay,
Motionless.

As if paralyzed,
By what at her age
She witnessed,
Was her body.

I looked at the sole occupant
Of that desolate house,
And cried.

So loud the cry was
That even the fire,
for a split-second,
Did shrink.

The girl did move,
Yet she was so very used
To sitting where she was;
She could not run.

As much as I could
I punched, kicked, and hit
The strong sturdy door,
Yet it would not budge.

Then the small girl,
With her slow speed,
Holding the key,
Approached.

With a wide glittering smile,
Both on her and I,
As fast as she could
She hurried.

True, she hurried yet
She also hesitated,
What was to come,
She feared

Her smile was weak,
She'd had enough,
To leave her burning home
She prepared

Slow as she was,
Impatient I grew,
Because so innocent she seemed
I waited.

I held her tight,
The scarred little girl,
A soft warm hug,
She most needed.

All she needed was simple,
Young and innocent as she was,
The little girl needed no more,
Than the feeling of love.

Yeah I guess I did a bad job regarding the form, but in the end I kind of like the poem. I don't know what message I'm trying to convey, so I don't know whether the form did an effective job of that. Anyways, I'd appreciate opinions and feedback.

Also, since this is not one of my serious posts, I'd like to thank my readers. From what I see, the only blogs that people actually read are stories, others including mine are just there for no one other than the blogger's small group of friends, right? Whoever decides to read it from that group of friends. Anyways thank you for reading my blog posts. I appreciate it. If you decide to give my blog some online publicity I wouldn't mind either, haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Firewall Paradox

What Happened in 1925

Mn asma3 9ootek