Mn asma3 9ootek

I spent a lot of time in thinking of what poem I’m going to post first, since I’m just starting, most of my Arabic poems simply suck. At least that’s just my point of view about them; whatever I write, no matter how shitty it turns out to be, people say that its great, and I have no way of knowing if they’re being sincere or not.

I decided on a poem that was really hard to write, maybe the hardest one I’ve written; it’s not even complete. It’s the first poem I tried to write 3ala ba7ar, or ma3arf maybe it’s the first one where I succeeded in doing so. I haven’t been able to do that in any other poem I tried to write afterwards; that probably indicates how long a road I have to down in order to be a good poet.

Ktabt bs 5 abyat, hayail I really like, ana katbeh 3 abyat zyadeh bs a7s y5arboon 3al g9eedeh bdal may3adloonha. Its still incomplete to me, bs I couldn’t manage to add anything to it without ruining it. I love this poem because through writing it I discovered that ayshay maktoob 3ala ba7ar, will sound a lot better, w I really do mean a lot. You don’t have to go through all the torture of cutting up the words in Arabic class to know whether g9eedeh maktoobeh 3la ba7ar or not, it just sounds different.

Ygooloon eneh el sh3r kalam mawzoon, w since this is the only poem that is 3la wazn, ymkn hay el g9eedeh el wa7eedeh eli I’ve written?


متى ما ضاق بي العالم ... أريد الموت ياخذني
من أسمع صوتك الناعم ... أحس الغيم شايلني
و يبقى الصوت لي دايم ... صدى صوتك يراودني
و وسط الليل أنا نايم ... شفاتي اسمك ترددني
و حتى في الدجى العاتم ... أرى طيفك يلاحقني
I would really appreciate your comments =)

Comments

  1. I'm not really a fan of Arabic poetry.. But I really enjoyed reading this. There was something different about it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey!
    i just discovered your blog by chance and truly loved what you have written.

    I am not that good in arabic but it truly moved me =).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Firewall Paradox

What Happened in 1925