Square one

Its been so long since I posted. It's not because I've been busy, because I guess I could've always found the time, like I am now. It's because my priorities have shifted; or you could just say that I've realized that I actually have to study hard in order to pass in university. 


Having taken a step forward in life, from school to university, I must say I should've expected many aspects of my life to change. But I didn't. Approaching the end of my first semester -which I'm very happy about- I've begun to put together how things have gone wrong, and how things have gone right. Life is all about experience, and with that comes trial and error, which is an inevitable part of life. Things aren't always so clear, and thus I have written this poem which I wan't you all to read and give me feedback on. I haven't written much since June, so you really can't expect much from me at this point.


I'm back to square one,
Wherever that square may be.


Square one could be
That room in which I was born in,
As a child with no care in the world.
A child with no knowledge-
No experience in life,
Unaware of the troubles
That will soon come its way.
A naive child with
blind trust in humankind,
oblivious to the cruelty of human nature.
That is the novelty of being a child.


But here I am,
Years after birth
I still struggle with finding my way.
I've roamed around
In this labyrinth called life,
Reaching nothing but dead ends
Every time I try.


Now I'm back to square one,
Wherever that may be,
And I'm lost, hurt, and confused.


Give me feedback please :) And let's see if I manage to write a proper post soon.

Comments

  1. it was very nice !


    AND WRITE MORE! It's bad enough that I don't get to see you anymore *sigh*

    xoxox (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Firewall Paradox

What Happened in 1925

Mn asma3 9ootek