=)

Definitions-
Sesquipedalian: A long word, or a word with many syllables
Sesquipedalianist: A person which uses long and unusual words.

This isn’t another story blog, its basically going to be my online poem book. I like poetry, I never knew I would, I guess sometimes extreme boredom has its good sides. Maybe someday I’d be a good published poet, but as for now I’d like to share both my Arabic and English poems with everyone so that I can get encouragement and criticism.

Many people hate poetry, I used to hate it too, but that was because I never really understood it. We've all, at some point, felt like going to sleep while reading a poem in elementary or middle school; and many of us probably still hate the mention of poetry...but that's basically because we tend not to bother reading it as it is supposed to be read...

A poem is like a coded diary entry. A book of poems in chronological order of dates is basically a coded diary, one that anyone can read, but one that can only be deciphered and truly understood by its author. What is so great about poetry is that it contains so much feelings and emotions, which only the author would feel. A poem with no hidden meaning or idea is not a real poem to me. Each line triggers a memory, a thought, and even the emotions you felt while writing that line. A true poet, in my opinion, is one that can link his experiences and emotions to the audience's; a poet should be able to make his audience sympathize with his writings, laugh when he laughs, and cry when he cries.

I know that I am no great poet, and that I have a long way to go to get there, but I hope to be one someday. As I journey through the world of poetry I would love to see some encouragement and constructive criticism to guide me through this process. I've been told that I have talent, by friends, family and even teachers, but sometimes I wonder if that is really the case. I prefer writing in Arabic, though it is way harder than English poetry, I even tried to write a haiku in Japanese once. A disaster, simply put.

I might not post if I felt that I'd have no followers or readers, so please, even if you're only remotely interested in poetry let me know =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Firewall Paradox

What Happened in 1925

Mn asma3 9ootek